There are three ways to apply for apply for Lifeline:
1. Online through the National Verifier web portal https://nationalverifier.servicenowservices.com/lifeline. They can also sign on here to recertify.
2. You can also apply by mailing your application: Print an application in English or Spanish at https://www.lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/documents/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf. Complete the application and send with proof of eligibility to:
Lifeline Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
Apply by calling your local phone or internet company.
Subscribers can call the Lifeline support center at (800) 234-9473 (press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish) or by emailing LifelineSupport@usac.org for assistance.
3. Apply by calling Champlain Technology Group at 518-298-2411 and choose option 1 for customer service.
Lifeline subscribers will be sent an initial notification approximately 90 days before the subscriber’s Anniversary Date to notify them it is time for recertification. Then the National Verifier performs an automatic recertification process to recertify subscribers. For subscribers that pass the automatic recertification process, no further action is necessary.
If a subscriber fails the automatic recertification they will be required to self-certify. USAC will reach out to those subscribers who must self-certify with a notification letter and FCC Form 5630 Annual Recertification Form. Subscribers who fail the self-certification will be notified by USAC through the mail within 2 -3 business days after the 60 day window closes and automatically de-enrolled after 5 business days. Also, during the recertification process subscribers may receive up to three (3) robo-calls and a reminder postcard from USAC reminding them it is time to recertify their Lifeline benefit, their deadline to recertify and the methods that can be used to recertify.
Subscribers will be able to self-certify through one of three methods:
1. Mailing a paper recertification form, instructions and the address are included in the notification letter. A mailed notification will be sent shortly after a successful recertification attempt.
2. Through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) which takes approximately 10 minutes to complete and subscriber will find out immediately whether they pass or fail. They will need their Application ID (provided on the recertification letter when accessing the IVR.
3. Online through the National Verifier web portal https://nationalverifier.servicenowservices.com/lifeline. Instructions are provided in the notification letter the subscriber receives and the subscriber finds out immediately if they pass or fail.
For questions or a status of their recertification, subscribers can call the Lifeline support center at (800) 234-9473 (press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish) or by emailing LifelineSupport@usac.org.